This year is the most difficult in a few years for me to pick a top 10, because there were 15 to 20 cd’s that lived in my CD player long periods of time. First the top 10 (in no particular order) then a few honorable mentions.
1. Calexico – Carried To Dust…This album was my favorite of the year from the first note I heard.
2. Chambers/Nicholson – Rattlin’ Bones…I had this on a new music Thursday…I need to find my favorite and had 7 written down before I knew it…
3. Ben Sollee – Learning to Bend…I feel good when I listen to it…always puts me in a great mood…
4. She and Him…Zoey and M. Ward…just mix well musically…music to me is a reaction to an emotion…and I like this CD’s feel.
5. Tim Krekel and TKO – Soul Season…It’s Tim…This CD is a must have for your collection.
6. Weakerthans – Reunion Tour…this is another CD that hit me on a gut level…I really like it from the first note.
7. John Hiatt – Same Old Man…I listened to it over and over to prepare for an interview with him…and it stayed in my CD player for a long time.
8. Michael Franti and Spearhead – All Rebel Rockers…no matter how bummed out I am…I put this record on and I’m in a great mood.
9. Sonny Landreth – From the Reach…my guilty pleasure is amazing guitar work…and how can I miss with Sonny’s slide…Eric Clapton…Robben Ford…Mark Knopfler…Dr. John on keys doesn’t hurt.
10. Black Keys – Attack and Release…this is one I can’t lay my finger (or ears) on…It just attacked me from the first listen and never released me (wink, wink).
1. Dan Wilson/Free Life
2. Bon Iver/For Emma Forever Ago
3. Vampire Weekend/A Punk
4. Ryan Adam/Cardinology
5. Danielia Cotton /Rare Child
Thanks for listenting…and here’s wishing you an amazing 09…Duke.