91.9 WFPK Independent Louisville is proud to present the Louisville Music Awards. The LMAs will be held on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at the Bomhard Theater in the Kentucky Center as a celebration of Louisville’s diverse music community. This year’s event will be co-produced by musician and 90.5 WUOL Music Education Manager Jecorey “1200” Arthur and 91.9 WFPK Program Director Stacy Owen. 89.3 WFPL host Jean West will emcee!
Backed by the Louisville Public Media All-Star Band, this year’s LMAs present an evening of live, never-before-seen music collaborations and special performances highlighting honorees. The backing band features Jecorey “1200” Arthur, Meg Samples (Bridge 19, The Deloreans), Kojin Toshiro (Free Soul Effect), Stephen George (LPM President), Aaron Bibelhauser (Relic), Dick Sisto and special guests Otis Junior, Shadwick Wilde (Quiet Hollers), Tyrone Cotton, Ben Sollee and JD Green (Afrophysicists). Purchase Tickets!
- Advocate Award goes to the University of Louisville Underground Music Archive (LUMA) (Heather Fox, Carrie Daniels, Elizabeth Reilly). The award recognizes someone who champions Louisville music by supporting live events, recordings and more.
- Collaboration Award goes to Kentucky Refugee Ministries Live (KRM Live). The award honors a Louisville collaboration that occurred in 2018.
- Youth Award goes to Girls Rock Louisville. The award honors a nonprofit Louisville youth organization showing quality impact through music education.
- Legacy Award goes to Jerry Green, Melody Welsh-Buchholz and Ed “Nardie” White. The award honors a Louisville musician, teacher or composer considered to have a legendary body of work.
- Emerging Award, which honors a Louisville music act relatively new to public prominence. This award is voted on by the public. Cast your vote at Do502.com
Z.Lynn Harris, a Louisville soul singer branching out on her own after some incredible collaborations.
Vyva Melinkolya, an eclectic Kentucky noise-maker incorporating Shoegaze, Dreampop, Gothy stuff and Psychedelia.
GRLwood, formed in August 2017, GRLwood’s “SCREAM-POP” quickly exploded onto Louisville’s music scene, earning them a cult-like following.
BBlasian, a young Louisville native sharing his story of struggles and redemption through Rap and Hip Hop.
NouLou Chamber Players, a vibrant ensemble bringing together Louisville’s elite classical musicians to provide the area with exceptional music making. Their Parlor Series is dedicated to performing in intimate settings–the way chamber music was meant to be enjoyed.
The Advocate, Emerging, Collaboration and Youth Awards were chosen by a volunteer committee that includes the following:
- Cheyenne Mize, Wishing-Well Music
- Syd Bishop, LEO Weekly
- Ramona Lindsey, Community Foundation of Louisville
- Christa Iwu, Fund for the Arts
- Teddy Abrams, Louisville Orchestra
- Jeffrey Lee Puckett, Courier Journal
Finalists for the Emerging Artist Award are posted on Do502.com for public vote.Tickets are on sale at KentuckyCenter.org and are $10 in advance, $15 the day of the show. VIP tickets are $25 and include a reception at 6 p.m. to mix and mingle with the honorees before the show and early admission seating at 6:45 p.m. General admission will be at 7 p.m. and the event begins at 7:30 p.m.